Star of Crazy Sex and Blackberry Prostitutes, Katty Wil­liams, made her Nollywood debut a couple of years ago and is currently one of the emerging faces in Nollywood. In this chat with CHRISTIAN AGADIBE, Katty talks career, romance, sexual harassment, losing weight and why she wouldn’t touch a lesbian with a 10 foot pole.


Excerpts:
Tell us about yourself?
I am Catherine Williams but I am popularly known as Katty Williams. I am a graduate of Linguistic from the University of Calabar. I am from a family of five. I am from Akwa Ibom State.
How did you develop passion for acting?
It started after my secondary school education at the au­dition for Shallow Waters. But  the very day I got a message from the director congratulating me for my success, my name was published in the papers that I had gained admis­sion to the university so I had to go to school and that was how I left for school and faced my studies. However, I told my parents that I wanted to go into acting but my dad said ‘ok, why not first finish school.’ But when I graduated, dad said ‘no, not yet. Why not go for service first.’ I went for service and came back to dad but he insisted I at least work for like three months so I got a job and worked in the Ekiti State House of Assembly. It was during this period I went for AMAA 2012 and met an old friend. That was how I finally made up my mind to start acting.
You’re one of the popular emerging faces in Nollywood today. What was that extra thing you did to get to where you are today?
Nothing spectacular but hard work. It surprises me because nor­mally in Nollywood, you hear stuffs like directors wanting to sleep with you before they give you scripts.
So up till now, nobody has been tempted to get down with you?
(Laughter) I guess it’s just Gods grace. It’s not like they don’t come but if I say no, they just let me be and still give me jobs.
But have you said no to any of them?
Of course I have said no to many of them; I can’t start mentioning names.
Has any turned you down because you didn’t want to succumb to their satanic de­sires?
Yes.
How did it happen?
I was new and naive then. There was this guy who called himself a marketer. Everyone was talking about him and he said that he could make me a star. I told him I was not one of those desperate to act. I have gone to school and I have faced the four walls of a university classroom so it’s not like I can’t work with my degree. He threatened that he was going to take my name to Alaba International Market and tell them I was this and that and nobody would use me after that so I became scared. That same period I had a job and there was this guy who also played in it. At a point we got talking and I told him I had an issue. He took it up and followed me to the hotel where they all gathered and he called the guy aside and told him that he was going to take the matter up. Ever since then the guy has been giving me a wide berth; he just left me alone. I would go for an audition and merit it but because of him, I would be rejected but I am not bothered because it is only God that could make me a star.and there was this guy who also played in
Were you discouraged by your friends, folks and relatives when you started?
My parents were very supportive. The only discouragement was from friends because I used to be chubby. When I came into the industry there were some kind of roles they would want to give you but because you are fat and your tummy is big, you can’t play those roles. Consequently I had to work on myself by dieting and then my friends were like ‘is it because of acting that you are dieting and looking pale?’ But trust me, this new me gives me all the roles I am getting now. So rather than discour­age me, they have inspired and brought out the best in me.
As an actress, what is your selling point?
I can’t really say what exactly my selling point is but I believe every part of me is sexy. My face alone is enough for me; I guess I cherish my face most.
Who can you say influenced your acting career?
Like I have always said, number one is Genevieve Nnaji. And there is this wonder­ful lady I am working with for the first time; she really inspires me a lot and I love her so much. Her name is Nse Ikpe Etim. I am from Akwa Ibom and she is too so I have this likeness for her; she is greatly talented.
What movies brought to the spot­light?
Crazy Sex, Crazy Girl, Blackberry Pros­titute and Rock & RollSchool Girls which is the latest one just came out.
If you are told to play a nude role, would you give it a thought?
Well, it depends because acting is make belief. I can actually play a bedroom scene. If it’s necessary there is no how you won’t encounter it but you don’t have to go nude for you to be a star and what’s more, I can’t act stark naked.
But you could bare your back and boobs…
Of course, if you’re acting by the pool side, you have to put on a bikini so it is okay for me.
What’s your relationship status?
I am single and not into any relationship.
Does that mean guys are not com­ing around?
Of course they do but it depends on me.  The question is, is it what I want? Right now I have chosen not to be in a relation­ship so that I can focus on my career.
You sound like someone broke your heart?
I was into a relationship that didn’t work out.
Can you tell us about it?
I don’t really want to talk about it but for the purpose of this interview I will. We got serious and went to his parents but they were like, ‘what does she do? And when he told them I was an actress, his dad said no way. He said his first son cannot get mar­ried to an actress and secondly, he cannot get married to a Calabar girl and so I was heartbroken but after a while I bounced back. To this day we are still best of friends despite what happened. There was a point he said we should go ahead without his parent’s consent but I told him I was not comfortable with it.
 How did you take his parent’s reaction?
I felt bad. At a point I started giving sec­ond thoughts to working in a bank to save my relationship. However, acting is some­thing that makes me happy. I made up my mind and told him acting was my passion and it was something I wanted to do and if he really loved me and wanted my happi­ness, he should consider my happiness. I let him know that if he was not down with my acting, I wouldn’t beef him.
So the guy really dumped you?
He did not dump me, it was because of his parent’s decision and so, I gave my all to acting.
Could you give up acting if your future husband disapproves of it?
No, certainly not; I believe a husband would come who won’t have a choice but to accept me the way I am.
Now that you are single, are you into women relationship?
No, God forbid; it is demonic! And I hate it with a passion. I would rather sleep with 10 men rather than sleep with a lady.
Are you saying no female has asked to have sex with you?
It happens but I simply tell them no. I just tell them I am not into women; I prefer men to women.
Tell us about your ideal man?
I am not the choosy type who wants everything in a man. I love men that pay attention to me. Probably that is why I am not into any relationship. Acting is very de­manding. I have being here since 6 am. If I have a relationship and he is the type that likes you being around him all the time, there must be issues. So I needed to cut-off all those distractions and focus on my career. I want someone who would be there for me, understands my job and whom I could do things with like a friend.
What is the craziest thing you have ever done for love?
I boarded that ADC airline that crashed some years ago. I disembarked in Lagos on my way to see my ex-boyfriend unknown to my parents; then I was in school. It was supposed to be a 7pm flight from Calabar but we flew by 9pm. And when we got to Lagos they picked passengers to Abuja. While it was heading to Sokoto, the plane crashed! That was the craziest thing I have done for love. What if I had died in the crash? What would have happened?
Has anyone cheated on you before?
Of course and it’s not about having anyone cheat on you. The fact is that men are promiscuous in nature and so they are bound to cheat and we all know that.
If your husband cheats on you, would you fight or walk away?
I won’t fight or break up. I will wait for him to give his explanation because it hap­pens so we have to find a way to sort it out.
What part of your body do you think gets men attracted to you?
My boobs.
Why your boobs?
I don’t know? You are a man and you should know because that is what men like; seeing boobs and backsides.
If your guy is seeing another girl with a bigger pair of boobs, how would you react?
Well I don’t care and that would not make me go for surgery; I would just work harder.
Where do you see yourself in next five years?
I want to go to Hollywood. And I will do that by the grace of God.